Free Initial Consultation · 24 / 7

Burlington County Restraining Order Help

Final Restraining Order Attorneys in Mount Holly, New Jersey

I need a local lawyer for restraining order Burlington County NJ Near Me

Burlington County TRO Lawyers

Received a domestic violence restraining order in Burlington County? Need to file a temporary restraining order in Mount Holly? We can help.

If you have been served with a temporary restraining order in Burlington County, the experienced domestic violence attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm can help defend you against the allegations of domestic violence and fight against a final restraining order. On the other hand, if you are a victim of abuse and you are seeking to be protected by a restraining order, the restraining order attorneys at the Tormey Law firm are ready to help protect you. Regardless of whether you are the victim of domestic violence or you are alleged to have perpetrated a predicate act of domestic violence, your case will be heard in the County Superior Court that has jurisdiction over the case, that is either in the county in which the parties reside or the county in which the alleged acts of domestic violence occurred. Click here to learn more about when a particular court will have jurisdiction over a restraining order case. The restraining order attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm are here to help you with your domestic violence case in Burlington County including in Bass River, Bordentown, Delran, Evesham, Mount Holly, and Mount Laurel. Contact our offices now for a free initial consultation at (908)-336-5008.

Here is a review from one of our many satisfied domestic violence, restraining order clients:

“From the moment I entered Mr. Tormey’s office, I experienced an air of calm and confidence. His demeanor exuded his command of his profession as well as a knowledge of the human element in dealing with the intricacies of the law. After our initial meeting, I was satisfied that he had reviewed my case, that I knew what was expected from me, including fees, and a sense that the outcome would be positive. He maintained contact with me, kept me informed, and returned all phone calls in a timely manner. I am totally satisfied with his representation and have no reservations in recommending Mr. Tormey and his firm.” – Former Client


Domestic violence cases and hearings for restraining orders in Burlington County will be heard at the Burlington County Superior Court. The Burlington County Superior Court is located at, 49 Rancocas Road, Mount Holly, NJ 08060, is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be contacted at 609-518-2600. Click here for more information regarding the Burlington County Superior Court. For directions to the Burlington County Superior Court, click here.


Restraining order cases in Burlington County Superior Court will be handled by a Judge who sits in the Family Part of the Chancery Division of the Burlington County Superior Court. The Presiding Judge of the Burlington County Family Part is the Honorable John L. Call, P.J.Fp., whose chambers can be contacted at 609-518-2716. The Burlington County Family Part also has a court staff in the Family Administration Unit that handles domestic violence and restraining order cases. Family Administration Unit can be contacted at 609-518-2645. Click here for more information on the Family Administration Unit.


The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office Family Unit is also available for assistance with domestic violence cases and may prosecute criminal charges against those accused of perpetrating crimes related to domestic violence or criminal contempt charges against anyone accused of violating the terms of a temporary or final restraining order in Burlington County. The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office is located at the Courts Facility - 2nd Floor, 49 Rancocas Road, P.O. Box 6000, Mt. Holly, NJ  08060
and can be contacted at 609-265-5035. For more information on the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office Family Unit, click here.


If you’re the victim of domestic violence in Burlington County, don’t hesitate to call the confidential National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
or the New Jersey Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-572-SAFE (7233), which are available on a 24/7 basis for domestic violence victims and others seeking crisis intervention and/or referrals to local services. And click on the following link for the New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence to learn about what services and resources are available in Burlington County.

The Providence House of Catholic Charities is available to provide services to victims of domestic violence in Burlington County. The Providence House is located at 950A Chester Avenue, Delran, New Jersey, 08075, and can be contacted 24/7 at 609-871-7551. The Providence House offers emergency shelter and counseling for victims of domestic violence. For more information on the Providence House, click here. Additional domestic violence services such as batterer’s intervention, anger management, counseling and family services may be found through the New Jersey Department of Children and Families. Click here for a list of available domestic violence services in Burlington County.

In addition to the locally available domestic violence services in Bergen County, there are also statewide and national services available for the victims of domestic violence. In New Jersey, the Department of Children and Families’ Division on Women, Office of Domestic Violence Services funds twenty-three domestic violence programs and the New Jersey Coalition for Battered Women. Click on the following links to learn more about New Jersey’s Office of Domestic Violence Services, the Coalition for Battered Women, or the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.


Victims of domestic violence in Burlington County may be able to obtain assistance with legal issues related to restraining orders by contacting South Jersey Legal Services, 107 High Street, Mount Holly, NJ 08060, Phone: (609) 261-1088

I want to file a restraining order in Burlington County, New Jersey

If you are the victim of domestic violence in Burlington County, you can request a temporary restraining order at the Burlington County Superior Family Administration Unit which takes complaints related to restraining orders from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Anytime before 8:30 a.m., after 3:30 p.m., on weekends, or holidays a complaint for a temporary restraining order can be filed at the local police department where the victim of domestic violence resides, where the perpetrator resides, or where the domestic violence occurred. Click here for the contact information for local police departments in Burlington County.

Motion to Remove a Restraining Order in Burlington County Court

If you have a final restraining order (FRO) issued against you in Burlington County, this is permanent in New Jersey and never expires. However, you can always file a motion to try to have the restraining order vacated and dismissed. In order to succeed on this motion, you must convince the Judge that there has been a significant change in circumstances such that the restraining order is no longer necessary and should be removed. A copy of this motion must be served on the plaintiff and they will have an opportunity to object in writing and be present at the hearing in court. If the motion is denied, the restraining order remains in place. If the motion is granted, the restraining order is removed and all the restrictions are removed.

How to Appeal a Final Restraining Order Issued in Burlington County NJ

If a final restraining order (FRO) was issued against you, you have 45 days to appeal. The appeal must be filed to the Appellate Division in Trenton.

Can I file a restraining order against my neighbor?

Typically, no. You need to have lived together or been in a dating relationship to have standing to file a restraining order under the domestic violence act in New Jersey. However, you can always file criminal charges for harassment, terroristic threats, trespassing, etc. depending on the specific facts of your case.

Can I file criminal charges and a restraining order?

Yes. If you have grounds for criminal charges and a temporary restraining order, these are 2 different cases handled in different courts and you can file both types of charges.

Visit Our Offices

With offices in Hackensack, Morristown, Newark, Middletown, and New Brunswick, our lawyers can represent you anywhere in New Jersey and are available immediately to assist you at (908)-336-5008

Hackensack / Bergen County

254 State Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601

  • 201-556-1570
  • 201-556-1572
Hackensack Office

Morristown / Morris County

60 Washington St Suite 200A,
Morristown, NJ 07960

  • 908-336-5008
  • 201-556-1572
Morristown Office

Newark / Essex County

1 Gateway Center Suite 2600
Newark, NJ 07102

  • 201-654-3464
  • 201-556-1572
Newark Office

for a free initial consultation Contact the Tormey Law Firm

Travis J. Tormey is a distinguished member of the legal community and a respected legal resource on domestic violence. He has been featured in a variety of prominent publications and media outlets, including CBS radio, Aol News, the Asbury Park Press,, and the Daily Record. Mr. Tormey has also been recognized as one of the the top criminal attorneys under 40 years of age by the National Trial Lawyers Association and the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. Whether representing victims or the wrongly accused, Travis remains passionately committed to protecting the rights of the innocent.

Areas we serve

The Tormey Law Firm LLC handles restraining order cases in Bergen County (Hackensack), Morris County (Morristown), Passaic County (Paterson), Union County (Elizabeth), Hudson County (Jersey City), Middlesex County (New Brunswick), Somerset County (Somerville), Sussex County (Newton), Essex County (Newark), Hunterdon County (Flemington), Mercer County (Trenton), Monmouth County (Freehold), Warren County (Belvidere), Ocean County (Toms River), Burlington County (Mount Holly), and throughout NJ.

Tell us how we can help

Contacting our office does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please do not share any confidential information until such a relationship has been established.